Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
4-5 portabella mushrooms (less if 1-2 servings)
4-5 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and chopped (sweet potatoes is an option)
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium red tomatoes or bell peppers, sliced
2 cups of baby spinach (any green you like) chopped
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded finely chopped (use less if want less hot)
2-3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon no salt seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large pot, add the chopped potatoes with cold water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain,
- In a large bowl mash the potatoes. Add chopped onions, tomatoes, greens, nutritional yeast, jalapeños, garlic, peppers., no salt seasoning and pepper.
- Mix everything together. Gently remove the gills from the mushroom caps.
- Fill mushrooms with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Bake the filled mushrooms uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Option: when mushrooms are done and out of the oven, drizzle your favorite reduced balsamic vinegar on top.Adapted FROM: Chef AJ’s “The Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss.”