Sprouting Broccoli Salad
3/4 cup farro
6 ox Brussels Sprouts
2-4 mini sweet peppers
2 oz Castelvetrano olives
2 garlic gloves
1 cup broccoli florets
FOR THE DRESSING:
1/3 hemp seeds
1 tablespoon white miso paste
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Add faro and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and cover with 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook faro until tender, 18-20 minutes. Drain and return to the saucepan off heat.
- Thinly slice the Brussels Sprouts. Trim and thinly slice the mini sweet peppers into rounds.
- Check olives and remove any pits. Halve the olives. Peep and mince the garlic. Zest, halve, and juice the lemons.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil or water in a non-stick large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic, broccoli florets and a pinch of salt (optional) and pepper. Cook tossing occasionally, until the broccoli is lightly browned and crisp tender – 5-10 minutes. Turn off heat, add the lemon zest and toss.
- Add 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice, hemp seeds and white miso paste, 1/4 -1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons olive oil t a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sliced Brussels Sprouts, seared broccoli florets, 2 tablespoons of miso power dressing, and sunflower seeds to a large bowl. Toss the sprouting broccoli salad to combine.
- Divide the cooked faro between bowls and top with sprouting broccoli salad. Drizzle with remaining miso power dressing. Top with sliced peppers and halved olives. YUM! Adapted from: Purple Carrot.