- 4 eggs (ideally free-range)
- 2 tbs raw organic honey
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen is fine)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by greasing it with coconut oil or lining the tins with muffin cases. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blitz the eggs, honey and melted coconut oil until combined. Add in the coconut flour, almond milk, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Blitz until combined. Remove the blade and stir through the blueberries. Be careful not to break them as you want to keep them whole.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes. To test if the muffins are cooked, insert a skewer into the centre of a muffin. If it comes away clean, they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan before cooling on a wire rack.
- These are delicious served warm with some ghee or butter spread over them.
- Store the remaining muffins in the freezer and re-heat when necessary.
Adapted From: Happy Gut For Life. Enjoy.
Left Overs: Refrigerate in airtight
containers for up to 3 days.
Some people may not be able to tolerate baking soda and baking powder as these can be made from rice flour. If uncertain, please consult your Practitioner. The honey can be replaced with stevia if you are intolerant to honey.