1 head of romaine lettuce
2 cups of baby spinach
2 cups of kale
2 cups of mushrooms, chopped
1 cup of broccoli florets
1/4 yellow onion finely diced
2 medium zucchinis, chopped
2 cups of brown rice
1 tablespoon of olive oil (or water in a non-stick pan)
3 tablespoons of gluten free low sodium tamari
Use organic vegetables
- Cook the brown rice according to package.
- Clean and wash all vegetables thoroughly
- Carefully separate romaine leaves into long pieces to use for wraps
- Finely shop onion, zucchini, broccoli, kale, spinach, and mushrooms and set aside.
- Boil 1/4 cup of water in a pan and add broccoli for two minutes.
- Strain water from broccoli and then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or water) to the same pan.
- Over medium heat, add onions, mushrooms and zucchini, kale and spinach to the pan and sauté for four minutes.
- Add softened broccoli to pan and sauté for four minutes.
- Once vegetables are thoroughly cooked add cooked brown rice to pan and mix in tamari.
- Heat for town to four minutes.
- Remove from heat and top romaine pieces with rice and veggie stir fry. e and not appear pureed. Leaving a few whole chickpeas is ok.
- Mix in the mayo, turmeric, and pepper(s) to taste. Mash a little more. Fold in the carrot, celery and red onion.
- Assemble the chickpea salad and toss into sandwiches with lettuce and tomato. FROM: “I Can Cook Vegan.”FROM Melisa Wood Health.