Buffalo Chicken Wrap
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup vegan panko bread crumbs
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, pressed
6 tablespoons hot sauce (or less for less hot)
¼ cup hummus or other dressing of choice
2 whole wheat tortillas
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce or shredded cabbage
1 red onion, diced
1 carrot, grated
½ cup broccoli sprouts
Salt and Pepper to taste
Left Overs: Refrigerate in airtight
containers for up to 3 days.
Left over Chick’n: Make the entire tofu package and enjoy the chick’n alone with rice or in a taco on a salad or….
Make it Gluten Free: Use a gluten-free version of the panko and serve on a top of greens.
Extra Flavor: Serve with limes and/or a dollop of coconut yogurt.
Nut Free: Use oat, coconut or rice milk.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almond milk and bread crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls. Slice the pressed tofu into 1 inch wide stripes dip into the almond milk, then coat with the bread crumbs. Place single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the tofu and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Place buffalo strips in a bowl and toss with the hot sauce until coated.
- Spread the hummus or dressing of choice on each tortilla, and add the shredded iceberg lettuce or cabbage, sliced red onion, carrot and broccoli sprouts . Fold the sides to the tortilla, and tightly roll. Adapted from PlantYou. Enjoy.