4 stalks of celery cut into 2 pieces
6 asparagus spears cut into 2 inch pieces
1 fennel bulb, chopped
1 bunch of parsley
3 carrots cut into 2 pieces
1 large onion cut in 1/2
4 garlic gloves, cut in 1/2
1 cup of spinach
6 red skinned unpeeled potatoes
4 piece of ginger root, peeled and cut into 1 “ pieces
1 lemon, first zest and then cut in 1/2
2 tablespoons Himalayan sea salt
1’4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- All veggies, lemon, herbs and spices should be organic
- Put all ingredients in a large non-aluminum pot and cover with pure filtered water.
- Bring to boil then simmer with cover on until broth has a rich flavor (approx 2-3 hours).
- Strain and discard ingredients.
- Check seasoning and add more if necessary.
- Drink hot or cold and store in glass jars in refrigerator for 3 days. Can freeze and defrost as needed FROM: DAILY OM: “Shedding your menopausal belly”