Welcome to my 22 weeks of healthy habits!
This is Habit 3 and it’s about healthy snacks for when you need a nibble
Everybody likes a bite between meals sometimes. And there’s nothing wrong with it, as long as you make healthy choices and don’t overindulge. Moderation and balance is really key.
Highly processed foods tend to be high in fat, salt and empty carbohydrates, so avoid those. Get some fruits and veggies in there, protein, and a little healthy fat.
Here are 10 that are just as easy as a candy bar.
1. A hard-boiled egg packs protein but is low in fat and carbohydrates. They’re easy to make in advance for a convenient bite. I love a little herb seasoning on my eggs – when I do eat eggs which is very seldom.
2. Toast with avocado or peanut butter gives you whole grains, protein, good fat, and not too much of anything bad for you. Just make sure you’re using good bread.
3. Veggies, pita bread, and hummus – a light and flavorful favorite. I love to add fresh lemon juice in my hummus.
4. Mix up a protein shake and toss in some berries and spinach.
5. Cheese and (clean) crackers. Again, make sure you get crackers that aren’t jacked up with salt, sugar and other ingredients. Mary’s Crackers are good ones.
6. Fruit, fruit, fruit.
7. Plain Greek yogurt. You can mix in berries or nuts or granola make your own or buy a clean brand
8. Nuts and seeds are full of nutrients protein, fiber and good fat, and can reduce the risk of heart disease and other problems.
9. Slices of cucumbers, red peppers, and other vegetables.
10. Handy cheese snacks are available at your grocery store. Or buy blocks and slice off a piece.
11. My POWER BALLS – send me a message to get the recipe.
See? You don’t need that candy bar at all.
Next habit I will reveal a must posture pose that will keeps your body strong and healthy.
If you want more support and/or you want to join the Badass Healthy Women private Facebook group–click this and let me know. I am here to support, motivate and gently remind us how important our healthy living is and how a community of like-minded women keeps us on track!
Here’s to living badass, healthy and joyful in 2022!
May you nourish. May you move. May you be mindful.