1 medium onion chopped
1 -2 medium carrot grated or finely chopped
3 gloves of garlic
1- 2TBS Olive or Avocado Oil
2-3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower
3-5 cups vegetable stock or bone broth
For the cashew cream:
1/2 cup of cashews (soaked overnight in water)
2 TBS Nutritional Yeast
1) Chop onion, grate carrots and smash garlic gloves.
2) Sauté the veggies by adding 2 tBS extra virgin oil in a large soup pan or Dutch oven. Add the onions for about 2-3 minutes then add the carrots and garlic.
3) Add broccoli, cauliflower and about 3 cups of veggie or bone broth. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until veggies are soft.
4) Make the cashew cream by blending soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and 1/2 cup of broth or water (use cashew water if left).
5) Remove cashew cream into a bowl.
6) Take out most of the cauliflower from pan and put in blender with some broth. Pulse 3-4 times until smooth. Remove and add to bowl with cashew cream.
7) Remove most of the broccoli and put in blender and pulse until smooth .
8) Add cashew cream with blended cauliflower and blend broccoli into soup pan. Stir.
Stays in fridge for about 5 days. Freezes well. FROM: Health Coach Elizabeth Rider